Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WCC: E's Third Day

Aaannnd.. Sometimes you don't. So, the idea for today was, "on the run, no fuss, fast easy, matches accessories," (Again, with the matchy-matchy, I know). I wore this outfit for the entire day, and looking at the pictures now, I'm kind of embarrassed. The pants are actually fine, particularly when not performing amazing feats of slanted balancing (B is definitely superior in her slanty balancing skills), but the sweater on the other hand, is just not making me very happy. The shape is off, and the high beams are dazzling, and apparently shiny, which is just absurd, particularly as I taught a class today. Also, the material of the sweater, which though it feels good and breathes nicely, also clings in sadistic ways. Ah well, win some lose some. It's a shame too, since I was totally seduced by that neck line in the first place.
Hopefully tomorrow will paint a less lumpy picture.

Day 3: Purple sweater, black pants, pendant, purple shoes, black hoop earrings

Caption: Me, pleading with the heavens for a less lumpy sweater.
Sweater: TJMaxx
Pants: New York and Company
Shoes: Jessica Simpson via TJMaxx
Pendant: chain gift from grandpa, pendant from TJMaxx
Black Hoop Earrings: gifted

2 comments:

  1. I know I don't believe people when they tell me that what I think is lumpy is really not that bad, but...it's really not that bad! The color is pretty, and I think the neckline is interesting. Maybe this is one of those shirts that looks better over something that's already "smoothing" you, like a dress or something, but I think it looks pretty nice as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're not giving the neckline enough credit - it really is pretty! So is the color on you.

    I know I'm always more comfortable in those clingy knits with something underneath - a camisole maybe?

    ReplyDelete