Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain, rain, go away...





So I got dressed this morning to go first to the giant 500 family yard sale happening on campus and then to the farmer's market - it was overcast and chilly, so I put on a nice bright long sleeved shirt under my new gray fall jacket. I was running late, so I decided to delay taking pictures until I got back, and as an afterthought threw my umbrella in my bag on the way out the door.

At the yard sale it was merely sprinkling, and people were happily browsing around the tables in nothing more than hooded sweatshirts. I found the tabletop ironing board I've been needing for $5, the extra frying pan I've been wanting for $1, and an ice cream maker which I hadn't realized I wanted for $2. Success! I hauled my purchases back to the car and headed off to the farmer's market.

But as soon as I parked, the skies just opened up. Even with my umbrella, I was drenched after five minutes, which was as long as it took to gather up my usual tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and chard from the very wet farmers. The silver lining? The baked goods lady bailed when it started to pour and gave away the rest of her goods to the neighboring booth, where I was buying basil. Free organic chocolate chip cookie! Mmmm.

Now I am home, toweled off, wearing dry clothes, and I utterly refuse to leave the house for the rest of the day. Maybe the kitty and I will make some ice cream.


Gray top: DKNY Jeans, via Costco
White sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: GAP
Earrings: originally my mom's
Watch: Target

4 comments:

  1. Nice watch! Also nice glamor pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm having fun playing with the posing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cat! He's so adorable.

    I went to go to the farmer's market here the other day but found out I was a half hour late. Everyone was pretty much packed and gone by the time I got there. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete