Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dress joy

I am in love with this dress. I'd been seeing variations on that light top/dark bottom jersey dress in the stores and on the undergrads for weeks and thought they looked adorable, so I'd tried on several versions...that made me look like a pregnant blob. I, like S. of Academichic , have basically no waist, so things that pouf out near my stomach tend to be bad on me. Like really bad.

Then, on a trip to Old Navy, I found this version of the style, and I magically felt young and breezy and comfy and CUTE.

Plus, it has pockets!


Dresses with pockets rule.

It's warm enought today that I only needed a cardigan to keep off the breeze, but I'm looking forward to getting creative with layers to keep this dress going as fall progresses.

I am beyond excited for the Wardrobe Capsule Challenge, which starts next Monday. The rules are: make five different outfits from 10 major pieces of clothing (pants, sweaters, dresses, shoes, etc) and 5 accessories (belts, scarves, earrings, etc). Underwear, tights, and workout clothes don't count. This is a lot harder than it sounds. But I've now got my whole week's outfits planned out, and it feels really relaxing. I'll be posting what I wear every day of the challenge, and we may have guest appearances from the roommate of awesome.



Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Tweeds via TJMaxx
Camisole: three-pack at Costco
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: street vendor in Washington ages ago
Sunglasses: street vendor in Russia
Swiss chard: farmer's market

6 comments:

  1. who took that picture of you two? i just figured roomie was your photog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, some random lady wandering past on her way to the market. Roomie took all the other pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, the Swiss Chard is from the farmer's market. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once on academichic, E. posted a picture of herself holding her new baby, and listed the baby as "self-made". I giggled.

    ReplyDelete