Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WCC: C's Third Day



I decided to go simple today, though I must admit that this is probably one of the last weeks I'll be able to wear sandals until next year. My tootsies were a little chilly!

My one fear is that the whole thing is too cropped; I almost feel like I should do either long pants and 3/4 sleeves, or short pants and long sleeves (or no sleeves...). But I don't really mind it. This is an outfit I've worn before, and will probably wear again. I love this sweater! I think the color is different, and the giant buttons on the neck sing "Jackie O!" to me. I'm excited about the pants because I couldn't fit into them three months ago, and now I can! So, that's good news.

Also, I like that this is just relaxed, without a lot of things layered. I think layering looks incredible, but at some point during the day I get a little uncomfortable with all the clothes that are on me, and start wishing some of them would just go away (especially scarves...I know I love them, but I'm always dropping bits of crumbly food in them, or accidentally brushing them up against things when I lean over).

Long story short: comfy, familiar, and I just like it.

what it is: green sweater, brown cropped pants, sandals, bracelet, ring

6 comments:

  1. The colour is amazing on you! I don't think it's too cropped, but maybe a more solid shoe and an accessory or two? A cute scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you basically just look awesome. I love these photos. also, your hair looks awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting, all! I agree about the shoes, but the constraints of the challenge made it so it was either the sandals or the boots. I made poor shoe choices for this challenge, I will say that!

    Thank you for the compliments on sweater color and hairstyle! I also find the color fun, and as for my hair, well...I didn't wash it today, so maybe that's the trick? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sheila - I don't think it's too cropped, but I do think it needs a necklace or something.

    I love the color of the sweater, especially with the brown pants! Pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA, I'm re-reading this post and realizing: the problem with dropping bits of crumbly food into scarves and brushing them up against things probably has less to do with the scarves and more to do with my boob shelf... oh, life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *is giggling about crumbly scarves* I also very much like that color on you :). It is COLD today!!! You're brave to wear the sandals for a last hurrah. I'm contemplating my polar fleece bathrobe right now..

    ReplyDelete