Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day of class!


Seems appropriate to start this blog off on the first day of class in the fall. Technically, it's the second day of school, but it's my first teaching day, since my class is Tuesday/Thursday.

I love the beginning of the school year. So many possibilities: new friends, new knowledge...and an excuse to wear my nice clothes, of course.
Since my class is in the evening and is fairy low-key (also, it's still definitely summer, at least during the day), I decided on a neutral skirt and button-down and flats with a few interesting accessories - hopefully professional enough that I don't get mistaken for a fellow student, but not so stuffy that my class won't seem like fun! And taking my inspiration, as always, from the academichic ladies, I used a belt to feel pulled-together. Was it supposed to be skewed to the side? Nope. Oh well. I hope that was just for the picture!

White button-down: American Eagle
White cami: ancient
Green skirt: also ancient, I think Sears
Brown belt: GAP
Brown flats: Payless
Copper watch: Target
Necklace: street market in New Zealand
Silver ring: Alaska state fair

Excuse the formatting, folks - I'm new to blogspot.

5 comments:

  1. I am loving this outfit, B. I do wish we got to see your adorable face though! It's sort of like school-meets-African Safari Hunting Adventure, which I like. What color are those flats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, thanks, C. ;) I was pretty happy with it. I felt very Katherine Hepburn in Out of Africa. The flats are brown with gold sparkles. I wanted to post detail pictures but they kept messing up the formatting. Do you know how to get pictures below the text?

    The turning-away pose was an attempt to feel less awkward in front of the camera. It worked, but hopefully as I get used to blogging I won't need it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new blog, Guys! You should have told me immediately, but never fear - I am obviously going back through all your old posts. :)

    I really like how you wore the belt slightly askew. It really adds an interesting detail. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I am loving your back-in-time comments. :)

    ReplyDelete