Friday, September 25, 2009

comfy cool weather

Well, you all probably think I'm a big whiner.

You're right.

But I can't help it. Today I tried on about a dozen outfits, and hated them ALL. So, because it is cool out, and because it is Friday, and because I didn't feel like wearing dark jeans for the 8th day in a row, and because I wanted to wear a skirt but didn't like how any of them looked today, I just wore my go-to: weekend jeans, a sweatshirt, and Birks. I like to think we've all been here. I don't even think I look that bad doing it.

I tried adding a hat, just for the sake of the blog, but it didn't look quite right either.

Tonight I'm going to my first ever book-club meeting to talk about a book that I found evil and manipulative (My Sister's Keeper). I'm not even being sarcastic: I cannot wait. I get fiendish delight out of knowing most of the people at this book club (sigh...church ladies) will have loved it, and I can't wait to talk about how annoying I found it. I cried, yes, but I was so irritated!

Wahhh! I'm a terrible human. I'll probably just be really nice and eat their homemade pie, drink their sugary tea, and agree with everything they say because they're nice and I'm easily intimidated.

The look:






Shirt: Jockey via Jockey outlet
Sweatshirt: Torrid
Jeans: Torrid
Birkenstock clogs: Alec's Shoes
Pink Owl Bag: Old Navy


And BONUS pic of the day! This is me at the "London Calling" Contest. HA!

2 comments:

  1. I have totally been there. And you looked adorable on Wednesday, so there's that.

    Hope the book club is deliciously awful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! I think I love book clubs.

    ReplyDelete