Thursday, September 10, 2009

Click clack






I spent all day tapping around the halls in my happy yellow shoes, which have a sensible little kitten heel. And I must admit, I absolutely love the sound of heels on linoleum floors. I love how loud they are, how they bring back all those memories of elementary school and that slightly nervous teacher's-coming feeling, and I most especially love that when I walk past a room full of freshmen they all sit up a little bit straighter. It's the sound of authority.

As soon as I tried on this cozy purple sweater, I was imagining it over my summer dresses. It's unbelievably soft, and it has pockets! I expect that I am going to be snuggly warm in it all fall.

And just a few days later, Kasmira from What I Wore Today rounded up some pictures of women rocking purple cardigans. Turns out, I'm not the only one who likes yellow with purple!

Sweater: Kersh Essentials via Costco
Blue dress: TJMaxx, altered by me
White cami: thrifted (Beacon's Closet)
Belt: thrifted (Goodwill)
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Merona via Fred Meyer's
Watch: Target

4 comments:

  1. omg, totally my favorite outfit you've shown here so far!! i LOVE the sunny little shoes and the colors of your outfit and the belt and everything. purple is such a wonderful color for fall, and the length of the sweater is perfect with the length of the dress. i can't say enough good things!

    AND your pics are so arty today! lovey love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're so sweet. I was pretty happy with the colors of it too - especially the happy shoes. :)

    I got the roomie to help out with photos. She does good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely, pulled together outfit. It reminds me of some of the styles at Academic Chic and it suits you perfectly. Also, can I steal those flats? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tina! In case I haven't said this before, you can steal my shoes any time. :)

    ReplyDelete