Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sweepstakes

I am not the only unemployed member of my circle of friends, and one of the others is fairly obsessed with entering contests (truth be told, she also wins a lot because she enters so many). She asked me if I wanted to drive to Boston with her today to go "down to Boylston Street, then wait for a red phone to ring. You find it, pick it up, and then answer a question about England. We can win a free trip to London!"

So, I'll let you all know how that goes. We all take our unemployment in different ways, that's for sure. :)

Here's what I'm wearing while I wait for that red phone to ring:





Jeans: Old Navy (yeah, the same jeans I wear like, every day)
Blouse: Torrid
Sling-backs: xhileration via Target
Bag: Liz Claiborne via Marshalls
Necklace: ack, who even knows. I got that back in 7th grade, when wearing your name around your neck was cool. But I was feeling goldy, and that's one of my only "gold" pieces.
Bracelets: Some really low-budget fake-gold bangles from Claire's (originally purchased for a Halloween costume).

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are wearing heels to stand around on the street while waiting for a phone call. You are braver than I am. Good luck! I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, well...truth be told i changed out of those shoes about three minutes before we left, because i realized that it was just not going to work. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing!

    That blouse looks great on you, but you look kind of uncomfortable in it. Is it just this picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's just my awkward uncomfortable face. i hate taking pictures with the timer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't find out until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Tina (T minus T plus) been loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete