Tuesday, September 29, 2009

C: WCC Day 2

Yesterday, I was delusional. Crazy, even. I pranced about all day in my cute little getup, happy in my yellow and turquoise and denim. "La la la," thought I. "Tra la la," I sang.

Oh, how one night changes everything.

I really wanted to wear my dress today. I tried it on in three different ways, and I'm still not entirely happy with any of them. The biggest problem is the shoe situation: with only sandals and boots to choose from, I'm kind of stuck. As B pointed out, my legs are short, and the boots only make them look shorter. But, with the sandals, the dress looks too frumpy. I might as well just put on some reinforced-toe trouser socks, put my hair in curlers, and go out to flirt with the mailman.

So, the one I decided to post is the least (I think) of all the evils, but it could still use some doing. I am happy about some things: I like the color scheme, for sure. I also really love the way the dress falls on me (it might not be that great a picture, but the cut of the dress is fairly flattering, as far as dresses go).
Things I am not happy about: well, the fact that I look like a cowgirl headed for an AARP convention is slightly disconcerting. And again, the boots. On a taller person, or a person with longer legs, this probably would not be a problem, but the dress is a little long, the boots are a little tall, and the only bit of my leg you see is the three inches between my knee and mid-calf. Oh, and the other, very obvious issue? The fact that the two browns DO NOT MATCH in the daylight. In my mirror I was thinking, "Oh wow, this is amazing! Now I have a long-sleeved brown dress! I am a genius!" I got outside only to find that the shades were just off enough to make it noticeable. Maybe people will think it's really cool to wear two shades of brown.

I will probably start a two-shade revolution.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when I do that with colors. Looks great in the closet and then BOOM it's a mismatch outside. sigh. Oh well. I jsut try to pretend that it was intentional. Vive le Two Shade Revolucion!

    The dress is very flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this outfit looks fantastic on you! The dress is really flattering, and with the empire waist and the heel on the boots I think your legs look awesome. I actually like the three-tone brown effect, especially with the pop of green from the scarf.

    A+ from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I guess one never knows how others will view an outfit!

    Yay! I feel better.

    ReplyDelete