Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Clean and simple.




Well, it might be fall where the divine Miss C. lives, but it is certainly still summer around here. In the 70's, anyway. I picked a short sleeved blouse and full skirt to keep cool and professional. I've been seeing this tucked-in-shirt-with-pretty belt look on a lot of fashion blogs recently - here's an example from Blue Collar Catwalk and another from Between Laundry Days - so I gave that a try. I usually belt things a little lower down, but this skirt is fairly high-waisted. I felt very fifties-secretary all day!

Another fun class today with my adult ESL students. The highlight of my day was probably explaining to one of my students that you should say "That's bullshit" rather than "That's a bullshit" because bullshit, apparently, is a non-countable noun. Or an adjective, I suppose. Either way, my job rules.

White blouse: TJMaxx
Navy skirt: Banana Republic, ages ago
Scarf worn as belt: Oscar de la Renta, hand-me-down from lovely aunt
Shoes: l.e.i. via JC Penny's
Earrings: jewelry booth at the Alaska state fair

1 comment:

  1. well it's not cold fall yet, just more like dry, mild summer. i enjoy this outfit on you because even though it's a white shirt, it feels like the most colorful outfit you've shown us so far! it could be the shoes and the belt--so fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete