Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WCC: B.'s Day 2

Today has been a pretty rough day - my poor kitty has been suffering for several weeks from some kind of trauma that didn't heal properly, and finally today he had to have his tail amputated. I picked him up at the vet's before running off to my evening class, and he's currently hiding under the couch glaring at me from his Elizabethan collar. I can't really blame him. But he's doped up on his pain meds and it's all for the best and hopefully he'll forgive me when he's feeling better. So, on to the outfit.

I wanted to wear this black dress for both teaching days this week, but change it up enough to make it look like I wasn't, so today I wore the yellow top over the dress to turn it into a skirt. I'm pretty happy with the result.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the bright red shoes with the mustard-yellow top - if it hadn't been WCC week I would have swapped them for something more neutral, or at least less saturated!

It was lovely and sunny when we took pictures, but I knew it would be cold later in the day, so I also grabbed my new gray jacket and beloved red scarf.

I like the shoes much better with the scarf to add more red!

This 'do is really easy, just two French braids tucked up with a bunch of bobby pins, but I think it looks really elegant from the front and interestingly textured from the back. Plus, unlike a ponytail, it's a comfortable way to get my heavy hair all the way up off my neck, so I rely on it pretty often.

Day 2: black dress + mustard top + black belt + red flats + purple/gold earrings (+gray jacket + red pashmina outside).

8 comments:

  1. i think this is an ADORABLE outfit, though i do like it best with the jacket and scarf. can we please talk about how cute these pictures are, just as interesting pieces of photography? the lighting is pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been using my new(er) camera, and our backyard photographs surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give D. a pat for me. You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Su Ying - I will, and he does seem to be a lot more comfortable already, so I'm hoping you;re right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shot of your hair! I'm jealous you can braid your own. When mine was longer I used to try, but would usually fail pretty dismally, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and added you guys to my blog list. LOVE the mustard top (I am a sucker for all things yellow) -- where did you get it? It works great with the red shoes. Mustard goes very well with a lot of unexpected colors. Try it with purple sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this outfit. The shoes are daring-- and seem safer with the jacket & scarf-- but you can totally do daring!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen - I got this top at Burlington Coat Factory, and got my friend to take it in a little at the sides. I noticed that you and I had very similar color picks for the WCC. :) I'll be wearing mustard and purple tomorrow! Thanks for the compliments and the add!

    Nicola - thanks! I think you can do daring too, especially with your daring new 'do. :)

    ReplyDelete