Monday, September 21, 2009

glorious day!


I was so productive today! It felt good. I put in the orders from the chocoparty, went to the bank, stopped off at the Post Office, then went for a bike ride. I also received a potentially exciting phone call from a woman at a local college about applying for the position of Academic Advisor, which sounds pretty great to me.

My outfit today was not one that I really enjoyed being out and about in. For starters, I hate wearing a skirt when I'm going to be walking around a lot. My thighs rub in an uncomfortable way, and chafing/bumps/all kinds of skin irritations inevitably appear. Also, I was a little afraid that the skirt was too flesh-toned for my liking. Still, I like that I was able to work in some autumnal spirit (corduroy skirt, short-sleeved sweater) without sacrificing comfort in the temperature area: it was warm today! The picture is not true-to-life; the color of my sweater is more of a greenish teal.

Oh, and I just love these shoes.

Breakdown:

Sweater: Thrifted, no tag.
Skirt: Old Navy, received at swap.
Wedges: dollhouse, T.J. Maxx
Bracelet: Lia Sophia
Ring: Crafted especially for me from my great-aunt's baby spoon! Christmas gift.
Scarf: Urban Outfitters



1 comment:

  1. I always feel a little uncomfortable in my khaki shorts for the same reason - like, if people see me from a distance, will they know I'm wearing pants?

    But I love the overall effect of this outfit, especially with the scarf. Very warm-fall-day appropriate.

    ReplyDelete