Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just like me.





Awesome second class today. My students are great - really lively and interested. I hope they stay that way!

I am a fan of these things: knee-length skirts, puffed sleeves, and patent leather. So, this outfit just felt like me. Plus, I debuted this pair of shoes! I've had them for a while but haven't been able to figure out what to wear with them. I opted for bright green, and I want to try other combos. Suggestions?

My general tendency is to be too matchy-matchy, so I've been working on moving away from that. Today's non-matchy accomplishment: a copper watch, silver bracelet, and gold earrings. Take that, outdated clothing etiquette!

Green top: TJMaxx, altered by my wonderful friend Lisa
Black skirt: Merona, thrifted
Black and purple patent flats: Dollhouse, via TJMaxx
Copper watch: Target
Silver bracelet: street vendor in Hong Kong
Gold earrings: Target

2 comments:

  1. omg, look at those little shoesies! i love them! is your belt patent leather? what a great tie-in with the shoes. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed patent leather! And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete