Saturday, October 17, 2009

wedding!

For the past four days I haven't been blogging because I've been with my family on Cape Cod, celebrating a very special occasion - my mom's wedding! Yesterday afternoon my sister officiated and I played photographer in a very small, quiet ceremony at my aunt's home. So, as a special treat, I present one of my style icons: my sister C!

To make my summer-wedding dress more fall appropriate, I stole yet another trick from academichic and tied the sash around the outside of my cozy purple cardigan. My sister autumn-ized her summer dress with a mustard cardigan and pumps, and we both chose gold jewelry.

At the wedding, my mom gave me and my sister each a picture of my grandparents on their wedding day - when my grandfather was on leave from the Navy in WWII. My mom's new husband scanned the photo and spent hours restoring it in Photoshop. It's a memento that I will cherish for a very long time.

Congratulations Mom! We wish you and your honey every happiness.

On me:
Dress: small boutique in Cape Cod
Sweater: kersch essentials via Costco
Shoes: TJMaxx
Earrings: JCPenny's

On my sister:
Dress: Calvin Klein via Burlington Coat Factory
Sweater: H&M
Necklaces: street vendor in Brooklyn and inherited from our grandmother
Shoes: Betsy Johnson via Burlington Coat Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment