Thursday, October 22, 2009

New boots!

I built a whole outfit around my new boots yesterday. I adore my new boots. They make me feel cool.


This is also the first time I've worn spandex bottoms in public since I quit ice skating. I understand that I am way late to this particular party, but dang, leggings are really comfortable.


Do I look undergrad-y? Yup. Do I care? Nope! I was so cozy and comfy and still felt so posh and adorable all day - in class, curled up in a chair at the library, at the swing lesson...I want to wear leggings and boots and a dress forever.

In contrast, today's teaching outfit was kind of blah. I wanted to showcase this pretty scarf my mom bought me last weekend at the Wellfleet Oyster Festival, by using it as the color against some neutrals, but it's muted purples and grays itself, so it didn't really pop, even though it's sparkly.

I do like the scarf, though, and I am also really happy with these earrings I found at the same festival.

And anyway I am still high from the gloriousness of THE BOOTS. Wheee!



Yesterday:
Dress: Old Navy
Long black sweater: kersh essentials via Costco
White tank: ancient
Leggings: TJMaxx
Boots: Madden Girl via DSW
Scarf: gifted, from H&M
Watch: Target
Bracelet: gift from my sister
Earrings: Target

Today:
Skirt: The Limited, via someplace (Burlington?)
Blue cardigan: kersh essentials via Costco
White blouse: TJMaxx
Brown flats: Payless
Scarf: street vendor in Cape Cod
Earrings: street vendor in Cape Cod
Bracelet: street vendor in Hong Kong

3 comments:

  1. Those boots are great! Love the color.

    I am a slow convert to leggings too. I prefer them with boots best of all, if only because it doesn't feel like I am half-naked that way. (Which makes no sense, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - thanks! I also definitely feel more dressed wearing boots with leggings. I think it's because I consider them to be glorified tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, i love the old navy dress and the boots together. GLORIOUS!

    ReplyDelete