Thursday, October 1, 2009

WCC: B.'s Day 4

In class, one of my students gave a presentation on her home country of Suriname (northern South America, next to Guyana). In a country of 500,000 people, there are more than twenty langauges and a dozen religions. And they all get along. How cool is that?

It was seriously chilly today, and I was really wishing for tights! I also felt a lot more self-conscious about the shortness of the skirt, and I think tights would have solved that as well. Otherwise, I felt pretty good about this combo.

Day 4: purple cardigan + white button down + black dress + black belt + boots + purple/gold earrings.

3 comments:

  1. To me, this does not look short in the least. Ally McBeal wore short professional skirts...this is not one. That being said, I understand where the self-consciousness comes in, and...doesn't hosiery not count in this challenge? As in, I think according to the rules you could have worn tights.

    P.S. your students must think you are uber fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I definitely could have worn tights, if I'd thought of that before I left the house. Oh well.

    The skirt didn't seem short to me either...until I sat down in class! Eeep. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are purple cardigan twins, aren't we?

    I run into the same problem all the time with my dresses and skirts; they're all made so short these days! You can find ones like yours that don't look that short when you are standing, but sitting is a major challenge! I've been looking forward to fall just so I could wear my tights!

    ReplyDelete