Wednesday, October 7, 2009

bright shoes on a dreary day



There's so much I love about this outfit. Number one, though, is the jumper. For Old Navy, it's surprisingly well-made and fully lined. I used to have another one, exactly the same cut, but red/green/blue plaid. Unfortunately, the size was slightly off and I had to give it away. Ah well. I still have this one (and in truth, this one is the cuter of the two).

I sometimes wear it with a turtleneck, but that always ends up with me looking like a kindergartener. I do it anyway, but I think the dress with the white button-up looks much more adult.

Also, can we please talk about these tights? I feel like a Can-Can dancer! I'm not sure how much they do for my legs or the outfit, but you know what? I don't care. They are awesome and I love them.

So, even though it's raining today (oh wait, the sun JUST came out. phooey. I already took my pics) I think I'm brightening up the world with my cuteness.


Here's a detail on the ruffles:



The shoes are ever-so-slightly deeper than this pic. They aren't as candy-apple as the picture below suggests.
White ruffled shirt: Old Navy
Gray pinstripe jumper: Old Navy
Charcoal striped tights: Lane Bryant
Red mary janes: Miss Bisou via J.C.Penney
Red headband: Claire's

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit too. :) Also, did you notice that both you and B. posted close-up shots of your boobs today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA. I totally noticed B's boob shot, but did not realize that I had, in fact, done it myself. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! We are close-up-boob twins today. Awesome.

    I think you are beyond adorable in this outfit. Love the jumper, love the shoes (obviously, as I have essentially the same ones), love the tights, LOVE the confidence and pretty smile!

    I bet you sell tons of wedding dresses today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, so you have a job selling wedding dresses?? That's awesome! Have you seen that show "Say Yes to the Dress"? Because that is pretty much exactly what I am picturing right now. Oh, the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of COURSE i've seen "say yes to the dress." it's amazing! i love it. and yes, i do sell wedding dresses these days. ah, life. one never knows what it will throw at you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great outfit! the shoes are rad... and i like how you complete the "pop" of color with the headband!

    congrats on the job! i bet you'll be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats!!! That is super exciting!!! Also, B. is coming to visit me this weekend...you should come too! :)

    ReplyDelete