Saturday, October 24, 2009

other new boots!

This past weekend, my sister and aunt and I all got new rain boots. I got the exact same pair as my sister, because, well, just look at them:

They make me smile.

For a rainy day of farmer's marketing and then cooking and studying, I wanted to try mixing them with this awesome plaid shirt I found on that same trip to TJMaxx last weekend.

I'm happy with the color scheme but not the proportions. I think I need something more fitted on bottom to balance out this voluminous top (slim pants, maybe?).

I love the colors of this plaid, especially the hints of yellow with the gray (a color combo frequently praised by E. of academichic).
And now, time for piles of homework. Happy weekend everyone! (C., we miss you!)

Plaid shirt: TJMaxx
Cardigan: kersh essentials via Costco
Denim skirt: Levi's via Sears
Gray leggings: Target
Rain boots: TJMaxx

6 comments:

  1. Love all your new boots! jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in fact, you are inspiring me to go boot shopping tomorrow at DSW (I in Boston for the weekend, and there is one of my way back to NH). HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Hope you score some deals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND I DID!
    In fact, I have your same boots-- but in black. I wasn't sure if they were "me"-- I feel like they are so trendy and now that I can't totally pull them off. But I am going to try.

    I also was able to replace my much worn danskos with a pair of Born shoes that are actually a bit nicer (and a lot cheaper).

    I'll be wearing the new boots tomorrow-- hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I can't wait to see. :)

    ReplyDelete