Tuesday, October 20, 2009

double trouble

Today, I accompanied one of my friends to try on wedding dresses at the nearest large bridal shop - which happens to be the one where C. works! We had a great time helping our friend and eating a delicious lunch, then strolling around by the river before I headed back to campus to teach my evening class.

I tried some tone-on-tone orange layering for a sunny fall day, and C. kept it simple and classy with this beautiful scarf.

Across the street from the bridal shop is a DSW (I swear I did not know this when I volunteered for the trip!) and I picked up some great fall boots as well as these awesomely high heels.

They are so librarian sexy I can barely stand it. And thanks to the wide heel and padding, they are surprisingly comfortable. Shoe happiness!

Thanks for the great afternoon, C.! You make everything way more fun.


On B.:
Button-down shirt: The Limited via TJMaxx
Orange t-shirt: Forever 21
Belt: thrifted at Goodwill
Skirt: Levi's via Sears
Tights: CK via TJMaxx
Shoes: Ciao Bella via DSW
Earrings: street vendor in St. Petersburg
Watch: Target
Bracelet: gift from my sister

On C.:
Black shirt:
Jeans:
Awesome green scarf:
Boots:

5 comments:

  1. You guys look great, and very autumn-ish. but I am CRAZY for those thick tights. Waaaant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - Haha, thanks! I always have good luck finding thick tights at TJMaxx. I found two more pairs last weekend, which will be making an appearance here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tone on tone orange and the thick tights. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you right now, C's awesome green scarf is from Austria! I have the matching blue! they were gifts from our parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - thanks! It was a pretty bold color experiment for me, and I was happy with the results.

    Ally - that scarf is really pretty. I should make MY mom go to Austria!

    ReplyDelete