Thursday, October 29, 2009

inner kindergarten teacher

I think inside every teacher there is some nostalgia for those first and second grade teachers, the ones who wore sweaters with teddy bears on the first day and turkeys for Thanksgiving and snowmen in the winter.

Today was the closest teaching day to Halloween, and since I am not quite brave enough to wear a sweater with pumpkins on it, I compromised with a pumpkin-colored sweater.

None of my students noticed, sadly. I fed them Halloween candy anyway.

Hooray for tights and boots weather! I love this time of year. Look how pretty the rest of my backyard is.
Off to NYC tomorrow to visit my sister! Happy Halloween everyone!

Sweater: TJMaxx
White blouse: TJMaxx
Skirt: Merona, thrifted on Cape Cod
Belt: TJMaxx
Boots: GNW via Fred Meyer's
Tights: street market in Russia
Earrings: street vendor in St. Petersburg
Necklace: gift from my friends in Russia

Hmm. I am noticing two distinct themes in the sources for today's outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment