Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vestiness, take 2

So after Tuesday's vest experiment, I decided to break out the other vest I bought this summer - a pretty purple cable-knit, much more in my comfort zone!


With my new favorite soft corduroy skirt, and the lovely laciness of this blouse, I felt warm, cozy, professional , and a little bit romantic.
Today was just cold enough to break out my absolute favorite fall coat.

Every tiem I put it on I hear: bum dum da dum dummmm CARMEN SAN DIEGO!


White blouse: American Eagle
Purple vest: via TJMaxx
Belt: thrifted at Goodwill
Gray cord skirt: j.crew outlet
Brown boots: Payless
Bead bracelet: gift from my sister
Earrings: hand-me-down from mom
Necklace: gifted
Red coat: Old Navy

4 comments:

  1. oh my, i adore that trench! i've been on the hunt for a single-breasted (as opposed to your lovely double-breasted number) winter coat (wool) of the military-style variety. no luck yet, but i have faith.

    also, i am a real believer in sweater vests. i think they look great on everyone! this one looks especially becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CoCo -thanks! I think you might have been with me when I found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the embroidered white top under the vest; gives it some great visual interest.

    The trench is fab. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kristen! :) I have found the red trench to be really versatile, so I get a lot of use out of it in the spring and fall.

    ReplyDelete