Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brr.

It is getting pretty chilly around here. Time to haul all the sweaters and tights down from the attic! But I've got a big test later today so instead I will be cramming for that.

This morning I came across this lovely post from Sal of Already Pretty. In it she talks about some questions you might want to ask yourself when you feel the urge to acquire new things. She talks about some of the many reasons, both healthy and unhealthy, that people are driven to shop.

I know that I spend a lot of time looking at fashion blogs. Very frequently I see a look I think I could pull off (jeans over boots, for example) if I only owned skinny jeans/a flowered skirt/a wider belt/whatever, which makes me want to go out and buy that thing. But I think reading fashion blogs serves me better when it inspires me to look at what I already own with new eyes.

So, on this very chilly, very rainy day, I am happy to say that nothing I am wearing was acquired in the last six months, and I think only the jeans and the boots were acquired in the last year. Maybe it's nothing exciting, but I feel comfortable, confident, and best of all - warm!

Black sweater: Max Studio, hand-me-down from aunt
Burgundy button-down: Old Navy, ancient
Jeans: Banana Republic Outlet
Boots: GNW via Fred Meyer's
Scarf: gift from mom
Earrings: thrifted on Cape Cod

1 comment: