Monday, October 19, 2009

more sad tales and hard-drive woes

I'm not quite sure why I thought my computer life would be back to normal by now, because it's not like I'm new to the world of computer problems. I guess I've just been spoiled for the past two years with good luck.

After a number of calls over the past week to Apple tech-support, they made me an appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow. Tech-support guy thinks I'll need a new hard drive. I am starting to think he's right.

Hopefully tomorrow they will fix my computer and all will be right with the world. My pictures (sigh!), all my resumes and cover letters (ache!), and of course, all my papers and drafts of papers (sob!) will hopefully all be recovered, and I'll be free to post and frolick and tra-la-la all the livelong day. What I think is more likely is that I'll have to pay for a new hard drive, then pay to send out my old one to some place that recovers files from bad hard drives, then cry myself to sleep about how I could have just backed everything up in the first place, but now I have to pay extra money for all the things I just really don't want to lose.

Ah, complainy complainy.

But really? I think I need some perspective: I am not dead. None of my dear family members are terminally ill. I will earn gas money today when I work. The sun is shining. Yesterday it snowed and my brother and I thought it looked like a great time to put up our Christmas tree, so we did.

...I feel much better (especially thinking about the tree)! Ahh.

1 comment:

  1. Poor C. :( I hope it all works out, but if it doesn't, at least you've got a tree!

    Also, you have inspired me to back up my hard drive tonight.

    ReplyDelete