Sunday, January 31, 2010

gray cardigan love

Today was my first day of work at our school's writing center. I was only going to be observing, so I wanted to keep it casual and unobtrusive. And I cannot stop wearing this pretty, drapey gray cardigan my mom gave me.

Then I remembered this lovely outfit from E. of academichic a few weeks ago. I am continually impressed by the way E. can make a simple, casual outfit look luxurious by mixing neutrals and using sophisticated shapes.


My mustard top wasn't warm enough for the chilly temps today, so I swapped it for a peachy long-sleeved tee. Then I added a little touch of purple in my earrings.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go inside and get warm!


Gray sweater: ebay'd by mom
Coral v-neck: Forever 21
White tank: ancient
Jeans: BR outlet
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Fred Meyer's

2 comments:

  1. You are just as chic as E! I love the earrings and how they bring in that little bit of purple. I am so glad that you are back to regular posting - I have missed you and C!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose - you're too sweet! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete