Thursday, January 14, 2010

the sincerest form of flattery

One of the fashion blogs I regularly read is What I Wore Today, and I truly admire Kasmira's style - her absolute fearlessness and creativity. But precisely because she is fearless and endlessless creative (not to mention petite with an astounding closet), I usually have to content myself with merely sighing over her coolness.

However, a few days ago she posted this lovely outfit, and I thought, hey, that one I could maybe do.

Gray cardigan? Check. Knee-high suede boots? Check. Dark turtleneck? Check. I don't have a bright print dress like hers, so I wore a bright print skirt instead.

Then I borrowed some jewels from mom.

Presto, my conservative-office appropriate homage to Kasmira. I still like her version better, but hey, I tried something new, and that's exactly what reading other fashion blogs is supposed to inspire.

Of course, it is necessary to do some twirly pictures in homage.



Cardigan: gift from mom
Turtleneck: hand-me-down from aunt
Skirt: ancient
Tights: Nine West via Burlington
Boots: Burlington
Jewels: borrowed from mom

No comments:

Post a Comment