Tuesday, January 5, 2010

plaidification

Ever since I saw this outfit on Between Laundry Days, I've been enamoured with it. I love the silhouette, the colors, and the mix of casual and dressy. So today I tried my hand at recreating it. (Please imagine that I am wearing my black Mary Janes, which I have been keeping at work.)


I loved the way this came together - very ladylike and office appropriate but also young and fresh. And I got a couple compliments at work, which always feels good!





Plaid shirt: TJMaxx
Black skirt: thrifted on Cape Cod
Belt: TJMaxx
Tights: probably Burlington
Earrings: hand-me-down from mom
necklace: gift

2 comments:

  1. I can't see the inspiration pic, but I really like the plaid shirt. And I think I would love the outfit even more with a pencil skirt instead of an A-line. But I'm a sucker for a pencil skirt (maybe b/c I can't really wear them with my figure?). Anyway, lookin' good, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! I've now fixed the link, and sure enough, Claire is wearing a pencil skirt! I'll be trying this outfit again when I get home to my complete wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete