Wednesday, January 13, 2010

something that buttons


It's a rare day that I wear a button-up shirt without something over it. I know they look professional and all, but professionalism goes right out the window when the world can peer through the pucker-holes and see what color your bra is. Usually I need to buy a size or two up in order to keep the bust in check. To me, it's not really worth the effort.

I love this shirt because it fits perfectly. I'm not thrilled about the color because it can be hard to match it with stuff (a problem of saturation, usually), but I just like that it's not waving around like a flag about my waist. It's a fitted shirt that actually fits, and there's definitely something to be said for that.

So, I felt pretty happy and confident in it all day. I've had it for a couple years, but I try to only take it out once every one or two months, just so I don't get sick of it.

The problem with this outfit is the pants...gahhh they are such a problem! I like the color, and I had them hemmed so they would be just the right length, but they have wide legs, and I just think it makes my short legs look shorter. I think the two items make a good pair because the fittedness of the shirt offsets the bagginess of the pants, but there's just something about these pants that always annoys me. Thoughts on where to get better pants/what to do about pants you want to like?

Green shirt: Fashion Bug
Brown pants: Gap outlet
Scarf: appeared one day...not sure where it's from or why it's around
Shoes: Fashion Bug


P.S. I didn't actually wear the scarf all day. This was before going to work, and I was about to head out into some chilly weather. It looks cute my navy blue pea coat, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's so funny, we have exactly the same pants issue! I found that leaving mine long and wearing heels helps a little, and like you said, a fitted top balances them out some too. Beyond that, I dunno.

    I do love this shirt on you and I think the green and brown together are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green and cream together! You look great!

    ReplyDelete