Wednesday, January 6, 2010

today, and back in time.





After a very busy holiday time, I'm back (again?). I seem to have some blogmmitment issues. Ah well. I'll talk about today's outfit first: lovey lovey love love. Mostly just the sweater. I bought it at New York and Co. a couple days ago and I just love everything about it. I don't have anything this color blue, and the flower detail is just so wonderful to me. I used Christmas money to buy it, so I consider it a Christmas present. I also like how it compliments my dress; I wore it to work today and it was a big hit. I don't usually dress up that nice for work (nicer than I usually would, but actually, I think I look better in my jeans than I do in my black work slacks) and end up looking kind of shlumpy, but this made me feel professional and put-together.

Sweater: New York and Company
Dress/jumper: Old Navy
White blouse: TJ Maxx
Tights: Lane Bryant
Black wedges: Old Navy

As for other things I've been wearing while ignoring my blogoduties, here's a taste:






The first one above is a photo from a wedding I attended on New Year's Day. I am the only one wearing a print. While I admire my printy verve, I do think the dress makes me look kind of tubby. Especially next to all those well-dressed thin people. My hair was originally down, but we were dancing a lot and I was getting rather warm so I put it in a pony. In the mirror this dress looks a lot better than it looks in pictures. I think.

As for the other pictures, one is an example of my usual work-wear (baggy black work pants and an ill-fitting shirt) plus a brand new scarf, and the one with the vest is pretty much what I look like every day that I'm not dressing up for work or for the blog, haha. Turtle-neck, long-sleeved shirt, and a vest, and I'm good to go! It's been COLD here, but I do hate to be constrained by a coat when I'm driving. Ah. More to come on Friday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Squeeeeeeee I am SO GLAD you're back! I really missed your beautiful face. :)

    As for the outfits: I freakin' covet that sweater. It's adorable. And it goes great with that jumper.

    I wish I could see the outfit you wore to the wedding closer up, especially as I suspect your shoes are fantastic.

    I love your new scarf and actually don't think the rest of the outfit is bad at all.

    More more more! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your suspicion regarding the wedding shoes is actually spot-on: they ARE fantastic! I love those red patent-leather mary janes. I consider them my "dancing shoes" even though they hurt pretty bad after a while.

    It's good to be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that entire first outfit! It's great! That sweater is so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to rip that blue cardi off of you and wear it!

    And I have to agree about the wedding photo. I was looking, trying to identify you, and I only came up with one option but couldn't believe it was you b/c you are MUCH thinner than that photo is showing. I think if you wanted to wear the dress again, it might give you a longer, leaner line if you wore it with a black cardi that wasn't buttoned, but was cinched in with a belt.

    And I am digging that electric blue T with the plaid scarf. Very casual chic!

    ReplyDelete