Sunday, January 10, 2010

missing: sweater belt


Today was my grandmother's 84th birthday, and many aunts, uncles, and cousins (though definitely not all of them) came to celebrate at our house. I got a big slow cooker for Christmas, so I took the opportunity to make some boiled dinner (big chunks of stew beef, turnip, potato, carrot, and onion with some water and vinegar). Because it wasn't boiled, but slow-cooked, it came out even better than usual. The meat just melted in your mouth...I was proud. Everyone else seemed to like it, too, so that made me even happier.

Because it was a day when you stay home, enjoy the company of family, and don't really step foot outside except to take out the occasional garbage bag, I found this outfit extremely fitting. A big chunky sweater layered over a casually sparkly tank, a pair of jeans (augh, they're getting chub-rub holes...time for new jeans), all together with my new slippies, and that's one comfy birthday suit (almost as comfy as the original "birthday suit"). I've worn these slippers every day since receiving them at Christmas, and I just think they're the warmest, comfiest things I own. I might have chosen a slightly different color scheme for myself, but Pete has pretty good taste.

The one thing I wish I had was a nice big brown belt to go over the sweater. I think it would have tied it all together and made it look more sophisticated. I could have also worn a scarf, but (and this was really my train of thought) I didn't want any stew juice dripping on it.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.


Please pardon my sad, tired little face. I look more frazzled than I am. These photos were taken at the very end of a very long day, and I am tuckered out. But just for S.V., I included a boob shot.

Sweater:very new, very clearance at Old Navy
Brown tank: very old, very clearance Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Slippers: Target

2 comments:

  1. Hooray slow cooker food! Sounds awesome. Happy birthday to your grandmother!

    I think this would be cute with a belt, but it looks nice and casual that way too. I love the tank top under it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the detailing peeking through the neck of your sweater.

    And spekaing of crockpots, my favorite thing to make in mine is what we call "Maria Chicken" b/c that's who gave us the recipe. You throw some frozen chicken breasts in there along with a jar of taco sauce (sauce, not salsa) and just let it cook while you are at work. We eat it on top of baked potatoes with cheese, sour cream, etc. And the next day, we eat the leftovers in quesadillas. Delish!

    ReplyDelete