Tuesday, November 3, 2009

uber conservative

Today I needed to work up the nerve to go to the head of my department, a very nice but very old-fashioned gray haired gentleman, to beg for a job for next semester. So I needed something professional and fairly conservative. Seemed like a good day to pull my brown wool skirt out of the winter clothes box.

I dug out these cute but conservative brown pumps to go with.

An outfit this preppy called for a Mad Men pose. And...POSE.


I have no idea what a Mad Men pose would be, clearly.

And yes, this is the same white blouse I've worn several times before. I promise I tried on all three of my white blouses and ended up settling on this one as the least intrusive under the thin-knit and short-sleeved sweater. What can I say? When it works, it works.

Sweater: Banana Republic outlet
Blouse: TJMaxx
Belt: thrifted (Goodwill)
Skirt: American Eagle outlet
Tights: CK via TJMaxx
Shoes: I think JC Penny's
Bracelet: gift from my sister
Earrings: borrowed from the roomate of awesome

5 comments:

  1. I adore this look, but I am such a sucker for pencils skirts AND Mad Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! I did feel quite ladylike all day.

    I suspect that pretty soon I will Netflix the first season of Mad Men and become totally addicted, as I've heard such good things about it. The clothes. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I love the prim-ness of it. The fact that the only skin you have showing is on your arms makes the sexy-secretary thing really come alive!

    plus, i am sure mary loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Tom also loved it. :) Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, CoCo. :) Mary has never once commented on my outfits, but I've often wondered what she thinks of them.

    Su Ying - Tom is so dapper with his gray hair and the elbow patches. I just love him. Even though there is no way he can give me a job (sigh).

    ReplyDelete