Monday, November 9, 2009

kinda boring, but kinda great

I'm back! YAYYY! Well, you might not be happy, but I am! It feels so awesome to have my computer back. I had to get a new hard drive, and I still haven't recovered anything off the old one, but O! What joy to have one's compy back in working order. B has been doing an EXCELLENT job of keeping up the ol' bloggy in my absence. Bravo!

Now, on to my day!

Hm. Today one of my tutees (she is originally from Brazil, and is learning English) asked me, "What does 'can even' mean? I hear this on the radio and I don't understand!" It took me about 15 minutes to give her an answer that made any sense. English is hard!

(For the record, "can even," in my world, means, "'also' with emphasis and surprise." As in, "...it can even make your laundry brighter!" I probably just confused her more than anything. Ah well. Live and loin.)

Earlier today I had an interview to be a substitute in my school district. I've done it before, so the interview was mostly a formality. As soon as I get fingerprinted, I'll be on the list! That's good news, since the paycheck I got today can barely pay for my gas.

Afterward, I came home and put this outfit on, because interview clothes get uncomfortable after a while. I wanted to be cute and comfy. Today is a warmish fall day, so this light sweater was just fine. As the sun went behind the clouds it cooled off a bit, but all in all it has been a lovely day!


With a fun hat!



Red sweater: Torrid
White V-neck tee: Fruit of the Loom via Wal-Mart (stolen from sis!)
Jeans: makeyourownjeans.com
Orange knit hat: etsy.com, shop name: whynot. she's got some similar hats up right now!
Orange belt: some woman at a stand during Dover Apple Harvest Day in 2008.
Loafers: Pay-less
Necklace: Lia Sophia

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! We missed you!

    And I freakin' love that hat!

    ReplyDelete