Thursday, November 19, 2009

No fear: B's day 2: the vest

Oh this vest. It does such good things for my upper body. And yet, it's so hard to put it on and not feel like A) an extra from the cast of Blossom or B) a wannabe hipster. So it's been pretty much sitting in my closet ever since I bought it.

Well, no more! After much experimenting (and a great deal of patience from the roommate of awesome), I came up with this combo.
I felt super cute! I think the button-down and pencil skirt make it professional, but the puffed sleeves and bright tights keep it girly and fun. And boy, do purple legs ever get a lot of attention.
Plus, I forgot how awesomely comfortable these shoes are.
And I love, love the detailing on this vest.

I count this as another no fear win!

Blouse: ancient - maybe Sears?
Vest: TJMaxx
Skirt: GAP outlet
Tights: TJMaxx
Shoes: Fred Meyer's
Earrings: street vendor on Cape Cod
Watch: Target

7 comments:

  1. I love how this looks. The purple tights are awesome! I went through my closet tonight with the inspiration of your blog and am looking for things to wear more often! Thanks for the inspiration. Look for a shout out tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and in my opinionation the sun is gonna surely shine."
    :)
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - hooray! I'll be on the lookout.

    MrMella - Oh the hats with the flowers. The overalls. The acid wash! It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I just have to point out the (subtle) boob shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like a cater-waiter (waiter at a catered event) when I wear a vest, esp if Ihave a blouse on underneath rather than a shell.

    Love the purple tights. I can see why they got lots of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tights and shoes together.

    ReplyDelete