Sunday, November 22, 2009

No fear wrap-up

The lovely Rose at from Sneakers to Stilettos joined in our challenge! Gorgeous outfit, Rose!

I had planned to wear my bright red pants as the third day of the no fear challenge (and man, it really requires no fear to wear bright red pants!) but I pulled them out of the closet and discovered...they no longer fit. Boo. Back to the consignment store they will probably go. Anyway, here's what I've learned from this challenge:

1. I liked those "scary" clothes in the first place for a reason. They're PRETTY. And they make me feel pretty. I got so many compliments on that light blue dress that I feel silly for leaving it in the back of the closet so long. I really don't need to buy new things - I just need to appreciate what I have.

On the other hand...

2. This challenge was a lot of work. It really took some mental effort to put together combos with these pieces that felt right and were work- and weather-appropriate. It takes me a lot less time to get dressed when I'm piling on the old standbys.


Conclusion? These no-fear pieces are best for days when I'm feeling bored and have a little extra time to spend on getting the outfit right.

If anyone else played along, please let me know! I'd be happy to feature you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out... and just so you know, I am continuing to play along. You have opened my eyes to more of my closet! So thanks! Today is one of those days. :)

    ReplyDelete