Monday, November 16, 2009

c: no fear challenge, day 1

UPDATE: In an ode to academichic's "grellow," I decided to go to work in this, which brought me a lot of joy. I simply added a yellow sweater and some gray tights and called it a work day! I was accused of being "nunnish" by my 17-year-old brother, but who cares what he says, anyway?





Okay, new week, new challenge!

I like this challenge because the possibilities are nearly limitless (probably because there are a lot of under-used items hiding in my closet).

Because I will be working today, I figure I can't go wrong with this skirt/shirt combination. I know it LOOKS boring, but believe you me, I haven't worn this skirt in over five years. Why? Because for a long time I thought it made me look really, really, heinously fat. Reasons? I'm short. Like, under 5'2". As a result, most skirts that hit below the knee make me look shorter. I also have a really hard time figuring out what kind of shirt goes with a skirt when the dimensions of my body are such that button-ups are practically impossible and anything else just looks weird and lumpy.

All that said...I don't think this looks that bad. It's just a skirt and a shirt (I WISH I had some cute maroon tights to go with it...that would have been adorable) and some black shoes, but it's definitely a scary outfit for me. I'm sure the skirt is happy to be out of the shadows once more.

And can I say...good gracious, I love these shoes. They are pinup shoes (in my opinion), and that makes me so incredibly happy.


Shirt: Torrid
Gray Skirt: Old Navy (I think from like '00. Maybe '01)
Black Velvety Heels: Charlotte Russe (also a few [4? 5?] years old)
Pearly Headband: Who knows? Under the sink.

6 comments:

  1. I love the shoes!!!
    I also love the print in your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look adorable. And those are totally pinup shoes.

    Yay no fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking love your shoes. Love them. Also the outfit in general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm glad the shoes are a hit...they sure make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the look without the cardigan. Very sexy secretary!

    ReplyDelete