Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy post-turkey weekend!

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving! I got to spend a lot of quality time with my wonderful family eating and drinking delicious things. My family has a tradition of cooking with booze (in fact, "Cooking With Booze" is the name of the show my sister and aunt think they should host on the food network). This year we got Jack Daniels in the sweet potatoes, sherry in the mashed potatoes, and white wine in the turkey basting (and thus the gravy). Yummmm.

I spent most of the weekend in my pjs or eatin' pants, but I did managed to get dressed for lunch and shopping on Saturday afternoon.

Comfy casual, even in the wind! I liked the purple and red together.

And now, back to the grind (sigh).

Long-sleeved shirt: ancient, I think Sears
Layering tank: three-pack at Costco
Scarf: gift from mom
Skirt: j.crew outlet
Socks: TJMaxx
Boots: Madden Girl via DSW
Earrings: target
Bracelet: gift from my sister
SUnglasses: street vendor in Russia

2 comments:

  1. Your family sounds like mine. My mom has the best stocked liquor cabinet I've ever seen for someone who doesn't drink! I only made sweet potatoes, since I had dinner with friends, but of course they had a liberal helping of bourbon added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's the same way! Hooray for cooking with booze. :)

    ReplyDelete