Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Urban cowgirl?

Last day of classes before Thanksgiving break! I am so stoked to eat lots of good food with my family.

I've been wanting to remix this soft, pretty plaid shirt, so I decided to try tucking it in and belting, as I've seen so many other style bloggers do (most notably the lovely ladies at Between Laundry Days and Blue Collar Catwalk). That gave me kind of a midwest farmgirl vibe, so I just went with it. I swapped belts and cardigans around until it felt more modern than costume-y.

Old-school, I know, but I just felt pretty. I love a swirly skirt, and these colors.

It was, of course, totally necessary to do a hoedown in this outfit.


I am a huge dork.

Two days 'til turkey!

Shirt: TJMaxx
Cardigan: TJMaxx
Skirt: Banana Republic
Belt: thrifted
Tights: CK via TJMaxx
Boots: Madden Girl via DSW
Watch: Target
Earrings: street vendor in Russia

2 comments: