Thursday, February 25, 2010

hipster?

Ok, this rain is bumming me out. I had to scrap the outfits I had planned two days in a row for more rain-proof (i.e. galoshes-friendly) wear, and last minute scrambling always makes me fall back on basics. I think for next week I am going to finally get my act together and plan ahead of time, using the weather forecast!

My galoshes-friendly outfit yesterday was completely soaked by the time I got home, so no pictures, but I can tell you that it involved two pairs of tights and today I just could not bear the idea of more tights. So, jeans it was.


Since I had to bring a pair of flats with me to school, I decided to go for a bit of a skinny-jeans-and-tunic hipster-ish vibe.

On the plus side, I felt like the awesome Clare from Between Laundry Days would wear this outfit (at least, on a more casual day).


On the not-so-plus side, I ran into the head of the department in the hallway and felt really, really underdressed (eek!). I think I'll save this combination for weekends from now on.

Back on the plus side: check out the pattern-mixing!


Plaid tunic: TJMaxx
Black long-sleeved tee: j. crew outlet
Skinnies: Banana Republic
Shoes: Payless
Socks: mom's from the 70's!
Necklace: street vendor in New Zealand
Earrings: boutique in CA

No comments:

Post a Comment