Tuesday, February 9, 2010

electric blue


Above: Gabby and I in a face-off.

So, as you may or may not have noticed about me, I pretty much wear the same pieces of clothing over and over again. Maybe it's a comfort thing, or maybe I just need some new clothes. Either way, this black sparkly cardigan has been enjoying a lot of play lately. I just really, really like it (the material is really stiff, and it has this fantastic sucky-inny quality that makes me feel as though I'm wearing Spanx on my arms), and at the risk of looking like a disco ball, I decided to pair it with another black sparkly item i have (clearly, this is how i play out my dolly parton/bedazzler fantasies).

Because I do not promote wearing an entirely black outfit (I've done it, of course, but save it for funerals! Life's too short), I added a punch of electric blue. This skirt comes in handy when I don't know what else to wear, because it makes it look like I totally knew what I was doing. Plus, it's just fun.

I did get a number of compliments on the outfit yesterday at work, and I'm not sure if it's because I rarely wear skirts, or if it's because that's how people masked their dismay at my being so...shiny. I'll just take the compliments as compliments and leave it at that. :)

P.S. these shoes are new from a Target clearance rack. I think they are precious with their tiny little wedgey heels.

Black shirt: Express (so, so long ago)
Black sweater: Old Navy
Blue skirt: some surplus-type store in Dover
Charcoal tights: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Target

2 comments:

  1. so cute!! I love the skirt especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaa Dolly Parton. She would totally wear two sparkley shirts.

    That being said, I don't think this is too much sparkle at all. The shirts look nice together.

    Adorable shoes!

    ReplyDelete