Monday, February 22, 2010

blades of glory

Inspired by the Olympics, I pulled my ice skates out of the back of the closet and went to the rink on campus this morning. I skated for years when I was growing up, and it was glorious to use those muscles again, to feel that glide and the freedom of zooming around the ice.

I needed an outfit that I could tutor in that also wouldn't suffer too much from being stuffed into a skate bag for a couple hours. Sounds like a long cardigan and scarf to me.

Also, I continue to be in love with these boots. Yes, they are somewhat impractical for the warm temps and resulting mud, since they are extremely flat and suede. I do not care. They make me feel cool.


Black cardigan: kersh essentials via Costco
Tank tops: ancient
Jeans: Banana Republic
Boots: Steve Madden, ebay'd by mom
Scarf: gifted, H & M
Earrings: Burlington
Ring: Alaska state fair

No comments:

Post a Comment