Thursday, February 18, 2010

dark and light

We finally, finally got some snow on Tuesday. So, hooray everything is pretty and white! On the other hand, boo, I got stuck taking my pictures inside, which is unfortunate because I was rather pleased with my outfit.


I wanted to wear this pretty purple jersey dress again and this time show off the pretty gathered sleeves and the line of the skirt. So I layered a button-down shirt under it and emphasized the empire waist with a belt.

I felt adorable all day. Also I am kind of obsessed with gray, black, and purple right now.


Dress: Max Studio via Loehman's
Button-down shirt: TJMaxx
Belt: mommed
Tights: Calvin Klein via TJMaxx
Shoes: via TJMaxx


Happily, I got back outside for my pictures on Wednesday. The glorious sunshine reflecting off the new snow made me crave some lighter, brighter colors. A little orange, perhaps?

I had a presentation in class yesterday, so I used the button-down-and-belt combo to keep the skinnies-and-boots combo from looking too undergrad-y. And with a heavy pair of wool socks inside, these brown boots were surprisingly snow-worthy.

Button-down: ancient, I think TJMaxx
Sweater: Old Navy
Belt: thrifted
Jeans: Banana Republic
Boots: Steve Madden Girl via DSW
Bracelet: gift from sister

2 comments:

  1. Love both of these outfits. I'd love to see the dress with a sharply contrasting belt. Great tights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Urse! I'm very glad you're still reading. :)

    I like the idea of a contrasting belt - I've got a very light brown one that would make this dress more summery...I'll keep that in mind for warmer temps!

    ReplyDelete