Monday, March 1, 2010

shirt dress!

I have been looking for a shirt dress forever. I have probably tried on about a bazillion shirt dresses in every conceivable fabric. Mostly the problem is that if they fit my top half (i.e. none of that stupid gaping between the buttons) they're too baggy on the bottom. Does anyone else have that problem?

So I was awfully excited to find this denim-ish shirt dress on the sale rack at Target this weekend. It FITS! And is COMFY! If it had pockets it would be well-nigh unstoppable.

I was really impressed with the way E. from Academichic remixed her shirt dress three different ways, so I'll be trying all three of them over the next few weeks. I started with the most basic today: tights (doubled up for warmth), brown boots, and this awesome new brown belt I inherited from a friend who was cleaning out her closet.


I liked the way the different browns played off each other, and I can't wait to wear this dress again!



Dress: Converse via Target
Belt: hand-me-down
Tights: ancient
Boots: Steve Madden Girl via DSW
Watch: Target
Ring: Burlington

No comments:

Post a Comment