Monday, March 22, 2010

conference wear

Sorry for the long silence, everyone - I've been attending my first ever big academic conference, including giving my first ever academic presentation! It was a whirlwind - my mind is still reeling from all the amazing people I met, the research I heard about, and so many ideas for what to do with my life after I graduate! I am completely inspired to get after my master's paper now that I've seen what other academics do with their work.

I'll be posting last week's outfits over the next few days as I recover from this conference and gear up for the next one, which starts on Thursday!

First, here's my packing list:
Button down shirts: white short-sleeved, green long-sleeved
Cardigans: long black, drapey gray, short white
Other tops: mustard and green, plus white, purple, and black camisoles for layering
Dresses: purple jersey, denim shirtdress
Skirt: black pencil
Shoes: brown boots, gray flats, black heels
Belts: wide silver, narrow brown, narrow red
Scarves: red multicolored pashmina, purple sparkley
Also packed: pajamas, running clothes and shoes, tights and socks and undies

Here are the outfits I planned:
Airplane, to and from:
Jersey dress, long cardigan, black camisole, black leggings, brown boots


Conference day 1, an all-day workshop:
Denim shirt dress, brown boots and belt, brown tights

Conference day 2, my presentation (!):
Green button-down, black pencil skirt, gray cardigan, silver belt, either gray flats or black heels and tights depending on the weather

Conference day 3:
Green top, white cardigan, black skirt, brown belt and boots

Conference day 4:
Jeans, white button-down, black cardigan, red skinny belt, gray flats

Going out to dinner in the evening:
Jeans, gray cardigan, purple camisole, gray belt, gray flats, purple scarf


Whew! I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment