Monday, March 8, 2010

spring showers

Since I'd never been to a baby shower before, I was stumped trying to figure out what to wear to my friend's shower this weekend. I was guessing baby showers are the kind of thing you dress up for, like church. There's probably an equal number of old ladies in attendance. But then I didn't want to be too formal. This is what I came up with.

New springtime cardigan and some nice slacks and pretty flats. Unlikely to offend, I figured. I layered two white tank tops for modesty. And the belt made it feel more like me.

Turns out I hit the nail on the head - slacks and nice tops were definitely the dress code. I was glad to remember how much I like these sailor pants. The buttons are awesome.

I liked this combo so much I wore it to school today, with a gray belt this time to pick up the color of the shoes.

Cardigan: gift from mom
White tanks: lace one, thrifted, plain one ancient
Sailor pants: j.crew outlet
Belt: thrifted
Flats: Rocket Dogs, gift from mom
Earrings: street vendor in Cape Cod
Ring: tourist shop in Russia

2 comments:

  1. I went to a baby shower last weekend. Normally in Dallas everyone wears cute casual dresses or maybe skirts. But this one was in Austin and I was way over dressed. Everyone had on jeans. It just shows how much fashion varies from city to city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's been one of the hardest adjustments from the west coast to the east coast for me. The fashion is much more conservative here!

    ReplyDelete