Monday, March 22, 2010

airplane and day 1

Can I just say how much I love wearing jersey dresses on the airplane? You guys. Here's what no one ever tells you: jersey dresses are basically nightgowns. They are awesome for traveling.

I felt so comfy (and so posh) all day. I am pretty much going to wear this outfit on every plane trip I take from here on out. Death to pinchy waistbands!


Jersey dress: Max Studio via Loehman's
Cardigan: Costco
Leggings: Target
Boots: Steve Madden Girl via DSW

For the first day of the conference, I wanted to be on the more casual side, since I wasn't presenting myself and wasn't sure how formal everyone else was going to be. I figured a shirt dress would be right in the middle.

Turns out, English teachers' conference wear runs a pretty wide range from jeans and t-shirts (ok, that was just the one guy) to a lot of business casual (dress pants and sweaters, button-downs, casual blazers), with presenters often wearing full suits.


Apologies for the poor hotel room lighting!

Shirtdress: Converse via Target
Belt: hand-me-down
Boots: Steve Madden Girl via DSW
Tights: ancient

2 comments:

  1. shhhh. You're telling the world my secret that a cotton or jersey dress is more comfortable and more flattering than jeans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jersey dresses are just...just..brilliant.

    ReplyDelete