Friday, March 5, 2010

blavy

Pulled this black top out of the back of my closet this morning. I think it's been over a year since I've worn it, which is a shame, because the cut always makes me feel cute and sassy.

I tried for a bit of black and navy blue mixing, using my top and boots as the black and the sweater and dark jeans as the navy. Kasmira says using two pieces of each color makes the mixing look intentional.


I felt pretty good about it all day (especially with my gray and black scarf on), but looking at these pictures I wonder about the jeans and the sweater...they're either too close in color or not close enough, I can't tell. What do you all think?


Black top: Old Navy
Cardigan: kersh essentials via Costco
Jeans: Banana Republic
Boots: Burlington
Earrings: Aldo outlet
Watch: Target
Ring: tourist shop in Russia

4 comments:

  1. I like this shirt a lot! I think that it does look intentional and I think that if the jeans were a little darker wash it would look a little more chic, and it is still super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think you're right about the jeans - the next time I try this look I'll wear my darker jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blavy look! I don't mind the color closeness.

    ReplyDelete