Sunday, June 27, 2010

bleah

On Friday, I was trying to work my new white button-down into an outfit, and pulled this together:

I love the detailing at the top of this blouse but the cut is really boxy, so I tried belting with a scarf. Eh. Not amazing. At least I like the scarf and shoes together.


And THEN I realized it's basically just this outfit over again. Same skirt, same shoes, same scarf, white short-sleeved blouse. Lame.


I feel like I'm in a rut. I think it's partially the heat, which restricts layering, and partially that most of my clothes, including all of my skirts, are neutral colors. All of my color is in my tops, scarves, and shoes. Bah. I don't want to spend any more money on clothes - I want to get creative with the stuff I own. Ok, that's the project for next week.
Blouse: Banana Republic outlet
Scarf: TJMaxx, ancient
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: JCPenny's

2 comments:

  1. Not lame! What is the point of creating a good outfit if you only wear it once? Since I've started the blog, I've struggled with an urge to never repeat an exact outfit, no matter how much I loved wearing it the first time. Recently, I've realized that I'm just hurting myself by doing this, b/c I am denying myself something I love in favor of something I don't like as much just b/c it's "new". I'm not going to do that anymore. More repeats! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I struggle with this too. Kasmira manages to never repeat an outfit, but she's much more creative than I am. The Academichic ladies just don't post when they repeat, and that's what I've been doing. I have to say, I never felt bad about reepating, but blogging has definitely given me a bit of a complex...

    ReplyDelete