Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What I would have worn on Saturday...

...if I had been feeling 100%. As you know, I've been recovering from pneumonia, and I foolishly worked on Saturday (also, my birthday!). While working went okay (sigh...no dresses sold that day), I was dog tired when I got home around 4. So, instead of throwing on that new dress I told you about, I put on pajamas and slipped into bed for a three hour nap. By the time I woke up, I was still kind of tired, and it was evening, and all I wanted to do was order Chinese food and then go back to bed. So, that's exactly what happened. A couple friends dropped by for a very low-key evening, and then I went to bed. It was nice, but not new-dress worthy.

So, as a treat to you, and to myself, I put my dress on the next day and took some pictures! My computer has been rejecting the pictures from my camera, so I took a few better shots than the ones shown here but the computer just doesn't want to upload them. After being annoyed for a few hours, I just gave up. I blame the rejection on the fact that I have two five-minute videos of the Keene, New Hampshire TubaChristmas celebration that my brother was involved in (they have them in 200 places throughout the world...so fun, I highly recommend!). Videos, my camera, and my computer do not mix well for some reason.

Anyway, blah blah long story, this is totally what I would have worn on Saturday if I'd had my way. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of today's outfit, but maybe I'll throw it back on tomorrow, take some pics, and post them up on Friday (because I like my outfit today!).

Here it is (apologies for the poor lighting and messy room):What it is: a black and white dress with a black bow in the back. It makes me look a little preggers from the side, but I just love what the top does for the bosom and shoulders. I don't know, I just really like it. I think it will be a versatile piece in my clothing collection.

The skirt is very full:

So, that's fun and twirly. I don't particularly enjoy these tights with the dress, but in a perfect world I'd have some fun-colored ones (like purple! or green!) sans design.

Shoes:
Jewelery:


I like that it's black and white...you can add anything to it! I feel like a ruffly cardigan would look sweet with it. I also look forward to the day I put a long-sleeved something underneath it, to make it more winter-friendly (now that it's finally snowing!).

Dress: four stars via Salvation Army
Salmon undershirt: Jockey outlet
Tights: Lane Bryant
B/W shoes: Payless
Jewlery: Lia Sophia (they're both blue, but it's hard to tell).

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT DRESS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS OUTFIT! WE MUST DRESS UP AND GO OUT SOMEWHERE SO YOU CAN WEAR THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I did not expect such a fervent response from anyone! That makes me feel good. Okay, let's wear it when we go out somewhere. I say we do it sometime next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I agree, that dress is going to be really versatile. You look happy and adorable. And, of course, I heartily approve of the shoes. ;)

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete