Sunday, December 13, 2009

study study study

This is mega-crunch time for the semester (two papers due this morning, two exams in the next three days - aaaack!) so I've been mostly in my pjs for the past three days. I met up with a friend for a study session yesterday afternoon and decided I needed to look cute. You know, for my mental health. Looking cute has been scientifically proven* to be good for your mental health.

So, I decided to give the belted scarf thang another go. I thought this pretty purple pashmina might be a good candidate, since it's simple and lightweight.


In retrospect I wish it were just a bit longer, so I could loop it more loosely. Oh well.
I didn't have a top in a good neutral color with a high enough neck for this look, since I tend to favor scoop or v-necks, so I ended up turning this top around (yet another trick I stole from academichic - God I love that site). The back, now the front, has this pretty crocheted bit. A tank top for modesty/warmth and I was ready to go!


Also, I finally tried pulling my boots on over my jeans! What do you think?


Blue top: Forever 21
White sweater: kersh essentials via Costco
Gray tank: three-pack at Costco
Jeans: GAP
Belt: thrifted
Scarf: gift from aunt
Boots: Madden Girl
Earrings: street vendor on Cape Cod
*By which I mean, not scientifically proven at all.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the science is there somewhere. ;)
    I love this look on you. I would wear it. The boots over the jeans is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to boots over jeans! I really dig the look.

    Also, GENIUS move on wearing that particular shirt backwards. It loses so much of its fun if you hide it under a sweater. So creative of you (even if it was inspired by someone else, way to own it!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry the scarf was tight around your neck because I really liked the shorter length tucked into the belt; maybe it's the placement of it where it hits the front of the sweater, but it looks much more like it's a part of the sweater than "hey, look, I added a giant scarf"! If you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose - thanks! :)

    CoCo - You totally inspired me. :) Yeah, I love the back of this shirt and am always sad when it's too cold to show it off. I think I need to get rid of the tag before I do this again though.

    Kristen - I liked the shorter length too, as a more casual kind of look, less dramatic. I'll keep playing with different scarf/sweater combos until I get it just right!

    ReplyDelete