Friday, December 4, 2009

feeling better, but not quite cured

So, after a rather irritating bout with pneumonia and conjunctivitis, I'm back in the saddle (again). Today's plans were fairly basic. I wanted to get out of the house for the first time in days, but I didn't want to do anything too strenuous. I read on my friend A's facebook that she wanted a cannoli and, as I was feeling much better today, I responded with a longing, "yummm." Which meant, of course, that we went on a cannoli hunt!

We weren't successful in finding cannolis (YET), but we did speak with a dear friend who works in Boston about having her get some up to us this evening. Hey, tomorrow's my birthday, and I think birthday cannolis are in order.

We did get to go to my favorite soup place (Collins Bros.) and I picked up a quart of stuffed pepper soup. I believe A bought corn and bacon chowder. Delish. Then, it was off the the Salvation Army! I've been hankering for some new clothes, especially skirty dressy things, and I happened to luck out today. I bought a nice little black and white number (maybe I'll make a special birthday post tomorrow, just so you can see it).

I imagine that the day is only going to get more exciting, as it is far from over. Yip! I don't want to jump the gun on wellness, but it's so invigorating to not be curled up in bed waiting for the next hacking fit.

On to the clothes!

On A:











Where it's all from:
Jacket: Gap
Green shirt: Gap
Skinny jeans: Express
Boots: Aldo
Mona Lisa earrings: Whitehall Jewelers, which has since gone out of business (at least at our mall).






What's on C:




Where it's all from:

Black tank: Jockey outlet
Mustard sweater: Banana Republic outlet
Teal skirt: a discount store in Dover
Multi-colored scarf: TJ Maxx (or Marshall's?)
Sunglasses: Lenscrafters (they're prescription, and the hide my hideous burst-blood-vessel eyeball)
Black flats: Charlotte Russe, very old and somewhat painful

2 comments:

  1. I love the teal and yellow! Very cute... and I hope you continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, SO glad to see you feeling better enough to be out and about! Please take it easy and keep recovering.

    Love the sweater with that scarf, and I covet A's boots. Can't wait to see your new find! :)

    ReplyDelete