Friday, December 11, 2009

last day

Today was my last day with my students, and in ESL classes it's quite common to have a potluck on the last day. It's a nice way for them to tangibly share the cultures and traditions we've been talking about all semester (I brought pumpkin pie, which they all thought was beyond weird and dared each other to try!). I've really enjoyed working with this particular group, and since this is most likely the last ESL class I'll teach at the university, it was a touch more sad than usual.

Since the last day is more casual, I wanted to wear jeans, but since I had to do a presentation in one of my other classes, I still needed to look, well, presentable.

I went with the trusty long cardigan/scarf combo, brightened up with a touch of green and my sexy secretary heels.

Sorry for the funny facial expression - I only got two shots before I had to run back inside. It was freezing out!

Sweater: kersh essentials via Costco
Green top: TJMaxx
Jeans: GAP
Belt: TJMaxx
Scarf: gifted, H&M
Shoes: Aldo outlet
Earrings: street vendor in Cape Cod

2 comments:

  1. In the snow and from this angle it looks like you're wearing snocks in the snow! I really like tha scarf-the colors, the plaid, all of it. Perfect for the last day of class, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it toally does. Rest assured I have no desire to die of pneumonia. :P

    Thanks, I love this scarf too!

    ReplyDelete